Things to Talk with a Girl You Just Met
It’s true what they say; first impression is the last impression. This is crucial when you meet a girl for the first time because she won’t forget it when you try to chat her up. How you are perceived plays a huge role in the girl giving you a chance to speak to her. When you pass this important hurdle, then perhaps you should think about coming up with some interesting things to talk about with a girl.
Of course, once you do reach this point, we are here to help you out. And this article does exactly that; give you enough information as to how you can approach a girl and start a meaningful conversation she would like to be a part of. Keeping her interested is the key to hitting it off with a girl. If you fail at that, it’s quite tough to get back on the horse. And so, in order to avoid such a situation, here’s what you should be aware of…
- First things first, introduce yourself. It doesn’t take much, you don’t have to come up with a fancy pickup line, and it keeps the pressure off you.
- If for some reason you two have chatted before, let’s say while waiting for an elevator, or at a coffee shop, interrupt and introduce yourself.
- At a different setting, for example an event or a party, you can start with talking about the reason(s) you’re at the current location. Also add in how you know the host/hostess.
- If you two are at a mutual friend’s place or event, you could try to find out how she knows the friend and begin the conversation from there.
- Use your surroundings to keep the conversation alive. But don’t use it as to break the silence between the two of you. The key is to keep the conversation flowing.
- At a party or event where there are drinks served, you could offer to get her a drink. This way, you are assuring that you like her company and want to keep talking to her.
- Ask questions so you can find out more about her. But be genuine. Girls can pick up on when guys are not being honest and are only flirting or wasting their time.
- Don’t ask questions about her boyfriend, ex, or something that might be considered personal in your first meeting. You don’t know her yet, so chances are, she could feel offended with such questions.
- Let her talk. Girls love to talk, and the more they talk, the more you find out who she is. If a girl is interested in you, she will give you signals and her body language will change.
- Just let the flow of conversation take its own course. Don’t force something in, which doesn’t belong. Keep the talk casual so she enjoys being in your company.
- Make her laugh. Girls feel comfortable around guys that can make them laugh. A good sense of humor always works its magic.
- Before you steer the conversation towards asking her out (after you’ve been talking to her for a while and you think that there’s some chemistry present), it would be a good idea to find out if she has a boyfriend. If a guy comes over, gives her a hug, and stares at you like you’re about to get punched in the face, back off immediately. And if there’s no boyfriend, she’s going to show you that with her mannerisms. Just keep an eye out for them.
- Compliments always go well around girls. They literally can’t get enough of them. But again I’d repeat myself, don’t be fake; be honest and genuine in your compliments. She’ll know it when you are.
- Don’t act or say anything that might sound offensive or pervert to her. It’s a huge turn off when a guy has vulgar language and doesn’t know how to treat a girl.
- When you feel the time is right, ask her out. Start by saying that you enjoyed talking to her and that it was really easy for you to do so, especially with her. And then, ask her for her number. If she gives it to you, then cheers to that. But if she turns you down, don’t go all psycho on her. Just let it go.
You can’t woo every girl you meet after the first meeting. Sometimes, it takes more than one meeting to really show the girl who you are for real. The matters of the heart can’t be rushed and that’s the most important piece of information every guy and girl needs to recognize.