Beware! 5 Texting Habits That Can Badly Affect Your Relationship

Bad texting habits that can affect your relationship
A study by Brigham Young University (BYU) found out that, if a girl is texting her guy a lot, it makes her happy, while the guy may think that she is smothering. And if a guy is texting his girlfriend too much, it may be a sign that he is unhappy in the relationship.
When you are involved with someone in a romantic relationship, you would always want to be in touch with your partner, since you consider him/her to be the center of your universe, and you can in no way stay away from each other.

Text messages are an easy and convenient way of being in touch all day long. You can make plans for dinner dates, catch up on the day’s happenings, or send a mushy, flirty text every hour. However, texting may be a tricky form of communication, and might not be a good thing always, as everyone needs their own space. It may drive your relationship towards splitsville.

“Relationships have become harder now because conversations became texting, arguments became phone calls, and feelings became status updates.” ― Anonymous

Since the time smartphones and new messaging apps have been introduced, they have definitely changed the way of communication, and even modern relationships. So, all those who prefer texting over phone calls or face-to-face conversations, here’s how you can save your relationship from going downhill. Avoid these bad texting habits, and rekindle the romance in your life.

Texting Habits That Can Damage Your Relationships
Frequent Texting
Girl Looking in Mobile
As per the study of BYU, texting frequently or too often may be a sign of low relationship quality. This usually happens when the couple indulges in too much text messaging, rather than meeting up or having face-to-face conversations. Therefore, they fall in a ‘mobile relationship maintenance’, and feel obligated to respond to each text every few minutes, thus leading them towards having a virtual relationship, rather than having a real one.
Texting Too Soon or Intensely
Worried Woman Looking into Mobile
Slow down guys! Too many flirty and romantic messages may certainly help you win your crush over, but it might end soon too, because you are going too fast too early in your relationship. Your partner may start looking for escape routes if you send too many mushy or flirty messages in the first stage of your relationship itself. Cut down on flirting, and get to know each other well. There’s so much to talk about in this world.
Texting Your Guy at Work
Man Using Mobile while Working
In a relationship, who doesn’t like getting romantic, lovey-dovey text messages from their partners. Well, the girls wouldn’t mind getting one even if they are at work. However, it’s not the same with guys. It was found out in a survey that, about 47% men don’t like receiving romantic messages when they are working, while the remaining 53% were ‘okay’ with it.
Discussing Relationship Issues Over Texts
Girl Use Mobile While Studying
A study conducted by BYU found out that, couples who use text messages to resolve their fights or disagreements, apologize, or make decisions, have a lower satisfaction rate in their relationships. The text limit and distance can never replace serious face-to-face conversations. Moreover, replying in monosyllables and one alphabet like ‘K’ can be a big turn-off for many people. It can lead to misunderstandings and stress when important issues are handled over texts.
Texting While on a Date
Couple on Date
Texting is a big No No and certainly the biggest mistake if you are out on a first date with someone! It will surely give out a bad impression, as well as sabotage your chances of being in a potential relationship with the person sitting in front of you.
Although texting is a good way of expressing your affection and emotions to the person you love, it is always better to know how much texting is too much, so that you can stay away from your phone once in a while. As they say, anything in excess is bad!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *